Our very own Jo Song, who is part of the Marissa Webb design team, takes us behind- the-scenes of New York Fashion Week and all its craziness. Read on for her advice on how to get through the madness – with a smile!
Jo: With the hustle and bustle of NYFW- style-outs, castings, fittings, show production – days can get hectic, but at the Marissa Webb studio we have always managed to push through and have a little crazy… FUN.
Here are my personal tips for fashion week survival:
- Ride with the times. Everyone needs a “pick me up” during stressful times. For some, this can mean a coffee, exercise, or encouragement. For our team, it can also mean a piggyback ride.
2. Bring your puppy to work. Dogs can have a therapeutic effect by releasing stress, and puppy kisses pick you up like a big jolt of caffeine.
3. Capture and take in each moment. Time flies, so create and capture the fun, crazy, and candid moments and have a little laugh.
4. Build each other up. A little encouragement goes a long way; so whether it is a kind word or a high five (as beautifully demonstrated by our own Marissa Webb), go for it!
5. Close your eyes (even if for a second) and just BREATHE.